We all trucked down to the Chapel of the Snows today for Sunday service followed by the best meal of the week. I had made to order eggs…scrambled with lots of goodies mixed in. I was satisfied…something I haven’t exactly been over the past couple of weeks. Everything seems to take on the same taste and for me it’s been fish. The pork tasted like fish and the beef the other day tasted like fish. It was good to have something that actually tasted like what it was meant to taste. I’m scheduled to leave on tomorrow’s C-17. I have mixed emotions. I’m ready to get home to Cole and to reality but I’ll have to admit…I’m going to miss life here in Mac Town. I’ve been told that we will Medivac another patient tomorrow…another Fireman. The Fire Department has really taken a beating this year. This will be the third since I have been here.
Tonight I have to say goodbye to Jonathan. He is leaving early in the morning to visit the South Pole for a couple of days. Jonathan and I have become close; he’s been my counselor and most of all a friend. This man is amazing! I’ve watched his congregation go from filling the chairs of the Chapel of the Snows to a Chapel that bursts at the seams at Sunday service. His ministry is contagious! I’d listen to him all day. Our goodbye was tearful (mostly on my part) with promises of keeping in touch…I’ve heard rumor that he doesn’t answer e-mail much. I think I’ve got him hooked on Facebook so I’m hoping he’ll keep his promise!
Tomorrow I leave this harsh continent…
Tonight I have to say goodbye to Jonathan. He is leaving early in the morning to visit the South Pole for a couple of days. Jonathan and I have become close; he’s been my counselor and most of all a friend. This man is amazing! I’ve watched his congregation go from filling the chairs of the Chapel of the Snows to a Chapel that bursts at the seams at Sunday service. His ministry is contagious! I’d listen to him all day. Our goodbye was tearful (mostly on my part) with promises of keeping in touch…I’ve heard rumor that he doesn’t answer e-mail much. I think I’ve got him hooked on Facebook so I’m hoping he’ll keep his promise!
Tomorrow I leave this harsh continent…

No comments:
Post a Comment