Sunday, November 9, 2008
Misty
This morning Jen and I attend church service followed by brunch. The best meal of the week has even gotten old. The nice thing about brunch is the made to order eggs and the fresh fruit. After a little relaxing in my room I joined Jon and his friend Joe in the Coffee House. We enjoyed some good conversation and was about to leave when “Misty” pops in. I’ll call her “Misty” to protect her identity. As I said, we were about to leave and go to dinner when Misty pops in. She walks up to the table, interrupts our conversation and loudly says “HELLO JON!” followed by “JOE, YOU PLAYING CRIBBAGE WITH ME?” How could Joe resist? Misty is a jolly older masculine looking lady, short in stature, wearing an Alaska sweatshirt and jeans. Joe invites her to the table and immediately goes to the bar to buy another bottle of wine. I can already see that Jon and I aren’t going to get out of this so I sit down and prepare myself. The first thought through my head was “I wonder how long cribbage takes?” I’m starving and I can see that Misty is going to be a trip! Jon and I observe as Misty and Joe play cribbage. Misty occasionally attempts to teach Jon how to play but not enough for either of us to understand. After each hand, Misty tells a story before dealing the cards or finishes her story before beginning play. Joe assured me that a game would last no more than 20 minutes but with Misty’s story telling it was stretched out for over 40 minutes! As the evening continued Misty greeted everyone that walked into the Coffee House by name and very LOUDLY!! I should tell you that we aren’t exactly sitting at the entryway…she is greeting everyone across the Coffee House. Just as the game was coming to a close, Jon grabbed the glasses, I grabbed the wine bottle and Joe was packing up the game so fast Misty didn’t have a chance to ask for another game. We get to dinner just in time and we don’t return to the Coffee House tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment