The temperature has dropped again. It’s in back down to the low 50’s this morning and is drizzling rain. Today is the Riccarton Rotary Sunday Market in Riccarton Park. We’ll have to maneuver the bus to get there but I believe we’ll be able to fairly easy. Greg informed me that he saw that the Mizzou vs Nebraska game will be playing live on ESPN today. We are both down for a football game so we’ve made our plan to stop by The Holy Grail Sports Bar in the city center around 14:00. The bus depot is probably the most clean bus station I’ve ever seen, very clean and very organized. We listen as we are waiting for the bus and hear a gentleman announcing each arrival. We all agree that would be the most boring job ever! We jump on the bus to get to Riccarton Rd. None of us bought bus passes for our time here, it’s really not necessary with The Commodore providing passes to the downtown area. The bus driver was quite perturbed with us paying in cash…even said “unbelievable” as we handed him our fare. We’ve decided he is the grumpiest driver we’ve encountered, maybe the grumpiest “Kiwi” we’ve encountered. By the way, “Kiwi” is what the New Zealander’s call themselves. Much like “Brits”, “Aussies” etc. The Market was great! Basically a flea market with many vendors and the typical fair food. We spent the rest of the afternoon at The Holy Grail Sports Bar. Whoever came up with this place was a genius. The Webb Ellis Cup is the “Holy Grail” of the Rugby World thus the name of the bar. This is an old theatre that has been transformed into the ultimate Sports Bar. The screen is the size of a movie screen with flat screen TV’s in every nook and cranny. Small rooms and areas with their own TV screens…3 levels in addition to the main floor. The top level with screens and pool tables. A bar at every level. What a place! Greg and I are the only Mizzou fans in NZ right now and we filled up the place with our spirit! We even did a wave! I think the Rugby fans that had to watch their game on the smaller screens were a little perturbed but we didn’t care. We enjoyed Mizzou’s victory on the big screen! Go Mizzou!!! The weather at McMurdo is still not cooperating, our flight for tomorrow is delayed once again. I see that it is 1 degree Fahrenheit at McMurdo Station Antarctica with low drifting snow. Our letter tonight tells us we will depart on Tuesday. I watched “Turista” tonight on TV…what a freak movie!! I’m not so sure I want to travel to Brazil now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment