SCUBA...Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus. I have finally decided after three years on Okinawa that I 'should' learn how to SCUBA. I've always had the thought in the back of my mind...I have just not acted on it as our schedule at work just doesn't give much for such activities. At least not the training process. Most classes are over 1 week and end with a PADI Open Water Dive certification. I've heard that Okinawa is one of the most beautiful places on Earth to dive. I guess it's time that I see for myself.
Class started on a Sunday afternoon. It was an orientation class where the instructor talked to us about what to expect. Monday and Tuesday were classroom days. Wednesday and Thursday were pool days. I made it thru the classroom days and have taken/passed my written exam. I don't know what I was thinking when I took SCUBA lessons in December!!! It's a tropical island but the water is a bit chilly!! Especially the pool water...60 degrees Fahrenheit which doesn't exactly seem cold but it certainly is cold even with 2 wetsuits!! I made it thru my 2 days in the pool...frozen and ended up with a head cold. My open water dives are postponed until I'm feeling better. As I write this, I have plans for this weekend to dive...one more step towards my open water certification.
I'll keep you posted...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment